HSBC Global Asset Management provides financial products and services through its affiliated companies and branches located worldwide. Privacy and personal data protection principles vary from one country to another. When you access or link to any other website, please read the privacy and data protection policies or agreements issued by such other website to determine the policies that apply to information or data maintained by that website.
In these provisions
- 'content' means all pages, screens, information and materials included in or accessible through this Site (including any content available on any email or SMS services).
- 'you', 'your' and 'yours' means you, the person(s) accessing this Site and the party on whose behalf you are doing so.
- 'we', 'us' and 'our' means HSBC Global Asset Management (UK) Limited.
- 'HSBC Group' means HSBC Holdings plc, its subsidiaries and associated companies from time to time.
HSBC's business has been built on trust between us and our customers. To preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us:
- HSBC will only collect information that it believes to be relevant and required to understand the customer’s financial needs and to conduct HSBC’s business.
- HSBC will use customer information to provide customers with better customer services and products.
- HSBC may pass customer information to other HSBC Group companies or agents, as permitted by law.
- HSBC will not disclose customer information to any external organisation unless HSBC have customer consent or are required by law or have previously informed the customer.
- HSBC may be required, from time to time, to disclose customer information to Governmental or judicial bodies or agencies or HSBC's regulators but HSBC will only do so under proper authority.
- HSBC aim to keep customer information up-to-date.
- HSBC maintain strict security systems designed to prevent unauthorised access to customer information by anyone, including HSBC staff.
- All HSBC group companies, or HSBC staff and all third parties with permitted access to customer information are specifically required to observe HSBC’s confidentiality obligations.
By maintaining our commitment to these principles, we will ensure that we respect the inherent trust that you place in HSBC.
Please note that pursuant to any applicable data protection laws in each jurisdiction (including, without limitation, the European Data Protection Directive 1995 (the "Directive") and any national laws implementing the Directive), we are obliged to inform you that any personal information (for the purposes of the Directive this shall mean "Personal Data" as that term is defined in the Directive) (hereinafter "Personal Data") may be disclosed, processed and transferred by us and other members of the HSBC Group on a worldwide basis for the purposes of providing services to the customers whom you represent and/or for servicing our relationship with them or you.
We will not disclose or transfer Personal Data to third parties for the purposes of marketing. However, this Personal Data may be disclosed or transferred to agents or third parties authorised to act on our behalf or other members of the HSBC Group or to third parties for the purposes of providing the designated services.
If you are in the European Economic Area ('EEA'), please note that we may also in connection with the above purposes transfer your Personal Data to the entities authorised above in countries outside of the EEA, which may not provide the same level of protection for Personal Data as within the EEA. However, all Personal Data wherever it is held in the HSBC Group will be afforded a high level of protection against any unauthorised or accidental disclosure, access or deletion.
WEB BEACONS AND SPOTLIGHT TAGS
This Site may contain electronic images, known as web beacons or spotlight tags. These enable us to count users who have visited certain pages on the website. Web beacons and spotlight tags are simply tools used to obtain generic information about the web pages visited. They are not used to obtain information about specific users.