Privacy and Security
Privacy Principles of HSBC Global Asset Management (Hong Kong) Limited ("AMG")
Our business has been built on trust between our customers and ourselves. To preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, we maintain the following privacy principles:
1. We only collect personal information that we believe to be relevant and required to understand your financial needs and to conduct our business.
2. We use your personal information to provide you with better customer services and products.
3. We may pass your personal information to other HSBC Group companies or agents, as permitted by law.
4. We will not disclose your personal information to any external organisation unless we have your consent or are required by law or have previously informed you.
5. We may be required from time to time to disclose your personal information to Governmental or judicial bodies or agencies or our regulators, but we will only do so under proper authority.
6. We aim to keep your personal information on our records accurate and up-to-date.
7. We maintain strict security systems designed to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information by anyone, including our staff.
8. All HSBC Group companies, all our staff and all third parties with permitted access to your information are specifically required to observe our confidentiality obligations.
By maintaining our commitment to these principles, we at HSBC will ensure that we respect the inherent trust that you place in us.
Your privacy matters to us
This section provides specific details of how we treat any personal information you might wish to provide us when you visit this website and any of its pages (the "Site").
- Security is our top priority. AMG will strive at all times to ensure that your personal data will be protected against unauthorised or accidental access, processing or erasure. We maintain this commitment to data security by implementing appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure your personal data.
- The secure area of our Site supports the use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol and 128-encryption technology - an industry standard for encryption over the Internet to protect data. When you provide sensitive information, it will be automatically converted into codes before being securely dispatched over the Internet.
- Our web servers are protected behind "firewalls" and our systems are monitored to prevent any unauthorised access. As the security of ordinary email cannot be guaranteed, you should not send any confidential information to us using ordinary email.
All practical steps will be taken to ensure that personal data will not be kept longer than necessary and that AMG will comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region ("Hong Kong SAR") concerning the retention of personally identifiable information.
- Both you and AMG play an important role in protecting against online fraud. You should be careful that your account details including your User ID and/or Password are not compromised by ensuring that you do not knowingly or accidentally share, provide or facilitate unauthorised use of it. Do not share your User ID and/or password or allow access or use of it by others. We endeavor to put in place high standards of security to protect your interests
- You should safeguard your unique User ID and Password by keeping it secret and confidential. Never write them down or share these details with anyone. AMG will never ask you for your Password, in order to ensure that you are the only person who knows this information. When choosing your unique User ID and Password for the first time, do not create it using easily identifiable information such as your birthday, telephone number or a recognisable part of your name. If you think your User ID and/or password has been disclosed to a third party, is lost or stolen and unauthorised transactions may have been conducted, you are responsible to inform us immediately.
Collection of personal information
- Use of "cookies" Your visit to this Site may be recorded for analysis on the number of visitors to the Site and general usage patterns. Some of this information will be gathered through the use of "cookies". Cookies are small bits of information that are automatically stored on a person's web browser in their computer that can be retrieved by this Site. Should you wish to disable these cookies you may do so by changing the setting on your browser. However, you will be unable to enter certain part(s) of our Site.
- Marketing promotions Occasionally we may collect personal information from visitors to this Site and those individuals that participate in a contest or promotion (online or over the telephone,or at one of the branches of The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited). Such information is only collected from individuals who voluntarily provide us with their personal information. We may use this information to advise them of products, services and other marketing materials, which we think, may be of interest to them. We may also invite visitors to this Site to participate in market research and surveys and other similar activities.
You can choose to receive marketing and other promotional materials by email. If you do receive email or promotional direct mailings, you will always have an opportunity to opt-out.
If at any time you would like us to cease sending you direct mailings, please contact us. We will then, at no cost to you, act on your request within 30 days and ensure that you are not included in future direct marketing promotions.
If we do ask you to provide personal information, we will always specify the purpose for which such personal information is collected and ensure that it is only used for the purpose specified at the time of collection.
Our Information Collection Statement
Our business has been built on the trust and confidence our customer place on us. Accordingly, we have a duty to safeguard and keep confidential any information relating our customers and their financial affairs.
Personal data provided by you in this Site may be used, stored, disclosed and transferred (in and outside Hong Kong SAR) to such persons as we may consider necessary, including regulators and government authorities in any jurisdiction and any member of the HSBC Group for any purpose in connection with the services we or any member of the HSBC Group may provide to you, and/or in connection with matching for whatever purpose with other personal data concerning you, and/or for the purpose of promoting, improving and furthering the provision of services by members of HSBC Group to customers generally.
You have the right to request access to and correction of any personal data or to request the personal data not to be used for direct marketing purposes.
Requests for access to data or correction of data or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held should be addressed to:
The Local Compliance Officer
HSBC Global Asset Management (Hong Kong) Limited
Level 22, HSBC Main Building
1 Queen's Road Central
IMPORTANT: By accessing this web site and any of its pages you are agreeing to the terms set out above. Thank you for choosing HSBC Global Asset Management (Hong Kong) Limited.
© HSBC Global Asset Management (Hong Kong) Limited