Meeting your needs for security, liquidity and yield
We view liquidity management as one of our core competencies.
- Over 20 years' experience advising on, executing and managing liquidity investment strategies
- Full range of AAA rated liquidity strategies in multiple currencies*
- Dedicated liquidity investment team focused on active management with extensive credit research capabilities
- Integrated with cash investment expertise across HSBC
- We work with a wide range of clients to deliver appropriate investment solutions for their cash reserves, including corporate treasurers, local authorities, charities, pension funds, and wealth managers
We work with clients with the aim of delivering solutions for all aspects of their cash management, from designing investment policies that match their risk/reward expectations, to devising strategies for their short-term cash flow. We then provide the products that can potentially help clients meet their particular needs for security, liquidity and yield.
Global presence and insight
Because we are part of the HSBC Group, our global scale and multi-currency approach means we can create solutions that embrace cash reserves in one market, cross-border or globally. In this way, we can help clients to invest their cash reserves effectively, wherever they are located.
As well as major currencies, we look to deliver pooled solutions in a wide range of specialist currencies, including Hong Kong, Canadian and the new Taiwanese dollars, Indian rupees, Brazilian reals, Argentine and Mexican pesos, Saudi Arabian riyal, Turkish lira and the Chinese renminbi.
We also provide liquidity solutions on a segregated basis for our institutional clients. This includes an ability to provide Short Duration investments as a solution for longer term cash investment needs.
We treat cash as a distinct asset class that requires its own specialist resources. We take active positions on duration to minimise capital volatility and improve yield. In portfolio construction, we tactically emphasise instruments that offer potentially the most attractive relative value.
Plus we commit extensive resources to credit research to ensure that every counterparty we use offers the security and liquidity our clients expect.
*AAA rated by 2 credit agencies; Standard & Poor’s AAAm and Moody’s Aaa-mf as at February 2013. Past performance is not a reliable indication of future returns.